Friday, June 3, 2011

DIY Garden Boxes

Last year I decided to start my own garden. I took a trip to my near by Home Depot and bought three 10ft.x1ft.x1in boards and one a little shorter in length. I then had them cut so I ended up with four 5ft.x1ft.x1in boards and four 3ft.x1ft.x1in boards when I was done. My husband then reinforced them with nails and screws like so
This is how it will look when you are done
Next clear an area where you want your boxes to sit of rock, weeds, ect., and try to make the ground level. I did this w a square shovel so that my boxes could lay even on each side. After this we added some drip lines that went under the boxes and up through the soil.
Lastly plant some of your favorite veggies with one of your favorite helpers!
In just a few months your garden will look like this
You may even grow an 11 inch zucchini like mine!

1 comment:

  1. Who made that garden box? It looks professional grade :)

    ReplyDelete